Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Weekly Review: Drake’s Burgundy Shantung Tie

An other week an other review, this time I’m taking a closer look at the newest addition in my tie collection.

Drake’s Burgundy Shantung Tie




Drake’s Burgundy Shantung Tie


Burgundy isn’t a color I would usually wear, I’m rather bleu biased. Buying a tie outside of my ‘blue comfort zone’ seemed like an easy way to work different colours into my wardrobe. The classic and timeless design of the Drake’s tie made it a no-brainer.





Once again, I was able to get a deal at The Gentlemen’s Corner during their numerous Christmas time sales although I did have to exceed my self-imposed 50-euro’s a tie rule. Given the ties original price of € 135 and the € 57,37 I ended up paying, I’m very happy with the deal I got.

Drake’s Burgundy Shantung Tie


Drake’s Burgundy Shantung Tie


Drake’s Burgundy Shantung Tie


The tie has the usual Drake dimension. It’s 8 cm in width and 147 cm in length. The manufacturer decided to use shantung silk for the construction. This is raw kind of silk, produces a much more textured fit and finish. Additionally, the tie has a subtle herringbone pattern.









Personally, I love the look of the tie. The closer you get to it, the more details and texture you’ll see.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete