Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Weekly Review: Drake’s Woven-Silk Tie – Too good to be true?

Sales aren’t really my cup of tea. Well, I do like a bargain; I just don’t like the hustle and bustle. That’s why I’d rather roam the Internet for a great deal and that’s exactly what I did for this weekly review! I’ve wanted a Drake’s London product for some time now. The brand still hand makes all its ties and pocket squares in London; needless to say their products ooze class, luxury and craftsmanship.




The Gentlemen’s Corner had a very nice assortment of Drake’s ties in their summer 2014 collection but with an original price tag of €120, my favored one was significantly above my budget (as a rule of thumb, I restrict myself to paying no more than €50 for a tie). I had been eying this one particular Drake’s of London tie for some time, hoping I could, somehow, pick it up within budget. Then, The Gentlemen’s Corner did a summer sale and slashed the price by 60%. On top of this I still had a €20 coupon so I ended up paying €28 for a €120 tie!
The dimensions of this specific tie are 8 cm in width and 148 cm long. This is a fair bit longer than any of the ties I owned up to this point and it is noticeable straight out of the box. Although I knew this was longer than what I was accustomed to, I hadn’t given it much thought. Being pretty tall, I couldn’t really see the length of a tie being a problem for me. And it wasn’t. Having run it through my hands and wearing it around my neck, I think the extra length just adds to its the overall luxurious feel.


A luxurious feeling tie was what I was hoping to get from a Drake’s product and, boy,  did it deliver! Out of all the ties I own, this one is by far the most classy, good looking and - for me maybe the most important - best feeling one. And it also happens to be the least expensive one. I’m still pinching myself that I only paid €28 for this piece of crafts

1 comment:

  1. Super koopje, mooie das.

    En leuk geschreven!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete