Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Weekly Review: The Gentlemen’s Corner

Today I want to do a somewhat unusual Weekly Review and talk to you about one of, if not, my favorite webshop, The Gentlemen’s Corner (TGC). To use their own words: “The Gentlemen’s Corner offers a full selection of items to help you express your personality and convey your unique style.” Read why you will enjoy TGC just as much as I do!



Brands
TGC offers a great assortment of brands! Personally, I’m a big fan of Paul Smith, a designer known for making classics with a ‘twist’ but not always easy to come by. Luckily for me, TGC usually has a vast range of Paul Smith items in their collection. Browsing TGC is also a great way for getting to know a brand. I had, for example, never heard of Drake’s of London before I saw their products on TGC. Other great brands they offer are Breuer, N.C.D Made by Hand, Fratelli Rossetti and many others.
Sales and becoming a member

The focus of TGC is clearly on high-end accessories, which is great, except when being on an intern’s budget. However, thanks to the regular sales I’m able to get to lay my hands on some of the luxurious goodness! You can become a member, which essentially means having a (free) account and getting emails. These emails aren’t a drag because they usually contain a great deal which is member exclusive. It’s a great system and caters to all kinds of needs, ranging from special discounts to exclusive access to products. In other words, it’s well worth becoming a member!
Customer service
Usually I don’t have any problems with my deliveries and they always arrive fast and nicely packaged.  However, I did, once, run into a minor problem and so far it’s my only encounter with TGC customer service. It was somewhat of a complex situation where I had ordered two items within a very short period of time and requested them to be delivered to different addresses. The tracker of one of the items didn’t work and nobody really knew if it had been delivered or not. In the end it turned out that one of my neighbours had signed off on the delivery and hadn’t had the time to drop it off yet. The customer service was very responsive and friendly. On top of this I was offered €20 for my inconvenience. A very nice surprise especially since I felt partly responsible for the complex situation.
It’s a Belgian startup
This might not be important to a lot of you out there but for me it’s satisfying knowing I bought something from a young entrepreneur from my native Belgium. Joris Van Hoecke launched TGC back in 2011, when he was only 24 years old! Although I don’t know Mr. Van Hoecke personally, I admire the guts and passion with which he founded his business and keeps on expanding it! Kudos to you!


1 comment:

  1. If you would like an alternative to casually approaching girls and trying to figure out the right thing to say...

    If you would rather have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in filthy bars and restaurants...

    Then I encourage you to play this short video to learn a strange secret that might get you your personal harem of beautiful women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

    ReplyDelete